While starting up or shutting down the system, several users face “1002” error issues that are an “Update Failed” error. It prevents you from performing your work smoothly as it makes your system too slow, and such an issue appears when you try to download a particular program or during closing or starting up your PC. There are various reasons behind this annoying issue, as the presence of harmful malware or viruses that appears online or offline.
1001 or “Updated Failed” error can freeze or crash your OS or your PC, and might restricts your tasks to run normally.
This issue may also appear if you have done improper or corrupted installation of a particular application or program, or you are not using a genuine antivirus program to scan your system.
Performing Full System Scan On PC
Even though the “Bitdefender” works internally and scans your device for any harmful viruses, it is recommended to run this built-in program manually also to fix this issue instantly.
Follow the given instructions to run “Defender Firewall” manually on your device:
- First of all, tap the “Windows” logo and “I” key simultaneously to launch the Settings” application.
- Then, tap on the “Security and Update” section.
- Now, hit the option “Windows Security” by navigating the left section that will appear on the succeeding page.
- After that, go towards the right-side panel and hit the option “Threat and Virus Protection.”
- After that, tap on the option requesting to perform an advanced scan.
- Next, check that the box is marked with a tick-associated for “full scan” feature, then tap the button “Scan Now” to proceed.
- Then, wait for a little for the “Defender Firewall” to scan for any malicious item. If any, it will automatically remove the issue from your device.
Fixing 1002 Error Issue by Performing “Disk Cleanup” Tool
Junk files always make hindrances in performing the normal task. They also slow up our system and sometimes makes our system to crash down. Therefore, it is recommended to run the “Disk Cleanup” tool to remove harmful and temporary junk files by running the “Cleanup” tool. To do so, follow these instructions:
- First of all, tap the “Taskbar Search” tab and then enter “cmd.exe” into the provided box.
- Now, apply right click on the “Command Prompt” option from the resulting choices. Then hit the option “Run as Administrator.”
- Then, tap the “Yes” button in case “UAC” appears as a prompt window.
- Now, you have to enter “cleanmgr” just after the given command followed by “Enter” key:
- “C : \ WINDOWS\ system >”
- Now, you are required to choose your preferred disk/drive through the pull-drop menu and hit the “OK” button.
- Now, mark all the available options on the upcoming page. Then provide your consent to proceed by tapping on the “OK” tab.
Installing Latest Window Update
“Microsoft” automatically updates its “OS,” but if your system fails to get it updated for any reason, then it is recommended to do the same manually.
If you wish to install the recent update for your Windows, then follow these instructions:
- First of all, launch the “Settings” page of your particular “Window” and select the option “Security and Update.”
- In the following Window, hit the option “Check for Updates” by navigating the right side portion situated just inside the section “Windows Update.”
- Then, wait for a while for your system to initiate scanning the recent updates for your device. If any available, then download the update instantly.
Re-installing “Bitdefender” Program
It is recommended to install “Bitdefender” again on your device if a 1002 error still arises on your system.
- Firstly, perform the right mouse click on the “Start” button and then tap the “Settings” app to launch.
- Hit the “Apps” section that will appear on the upcoming page.
- After that, navigate to the right-hand side panel and look for the option “Bitdefender Total Security” and hit on it.
- Now, search for the “Uninstall” tab and then tap on it.
- Next, a confirmation window will appear to ask for uninstalling a program from your device. Tap the “Uninstall” again.
Resetting your PC
If you are still facing the “Bitdefender” error issue, then it is advised to reset your PC instantly. Follow these steps to perform a reset operation:
- Firstly, tap “Window + S” keys altogether and then enter “Reset this PC” into the provided search bar.
- Now, tap the “Enter” key after the resulting options appear.
- Then, tap the “Get Started” option from the upcoming window, situated inside the section “Reset this PC” to proceed.
Edward Lewis is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding central.bitdefender.com and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.