As we all know that there is nothing perfect in this world, and while Malwarebytes is a robust antivirus, it is not perfect. The software scans the system and remove any infected files and malware. While doing such things, it might few times detect a non-harmful program as non-required software. It is also called as ‘false positive.’ There are different methods to remove this antimalware, and the steps are listed below.
The method of turning off the protection from the system tray
- Firstly, search the Malwarebytes symbol in the system tray.
- Then, do a right-click on the symbol. A small pop-up menu will get displayed on the screen.
- Observe that there will be a tick-mark after the ‘Web Protection’ stating that it is enabled.
- Turn off this option by pressing it. And it shall not have a tick-mark.
The method of turning off the protection from the program itself
- Firstly, go to the sidebar which has the left part of the display and select the ‘Settings’ option.
- Then, note that the tabs shall get displayed towards the upper portion of the display. Press the ‘Protection’ tab.
- Go to the real-time protection section. Turn off the web protection.
The method of turning off the potential threat protection
- Firstly, click on the ‘Settings’ option from the sidebar. It will be located on the left-hand side.
- Then, click on the ‘Protection’ tab.
- Near the ‘Real-Time Protection’ and ‘Scan Options’ there will be an option stating ‘Potential Threat Protection.’ You might be wishing to turn off the detection of potentially non-wanted programs (PUPs), so press on its present settings for modifying it.
- Lastly, press on ‘Ignore Detections.’ After doing so, be vigilant while surfing the web and downloading items.
The method of stopping the program from starting-up by itself
- Firstly, go to Malwarebytes and visit the Settings from the sidebar.
- Then, visit the Protection tab.
- After that, move downwards for searching the ‘Startup Options’.
- Next, disable the option which states ‘Start Malwarebytes at Windows startup.’
If you are aware of the risks and know how to be safe online, then you don’t even require any third-party software for keeping your device secure. And if you are not among them, then I suggest you to continue having the protection. You just need to turn it off whenever required. Congratulations! You have been able to remove Malwarebytes with the help of this blog.
Edward Lewis is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding avast.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.